Address: 12147 Meadow Court
Phone Number: 414-
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Occupation/Employer: Marketing Manager
1. Why do you want to be a Wauwatosa alder?
So my nearly 20 years of Wauwatosa west side and community experience, as well as my communications and marketing experience, can benefit the people of the city.
2. What experience in the private sector or in public service would you bring to this position?
I have more than 30 years experience working in various marketing and communications positions in Wisconsin that would make me an effective community representative.
3. With what charitable, civic, or other organizations have you served? Briefly describe your contributions to these groups.
Wauwatosa Civic Celebration Committee PR Chair, St. Joseph’s Parish Communication Committee member, Steve Cullen Health Heart Run committee member, Tosa Trojans Baseball Club founder and former president, and former Wauwatosa West Athletic Booster Club President.
4. What are the two or three biggest issues Wauwatosa will face over the next four years? Public safety is always a priority and continues to be.
Maintaining and improving safety and security will lead to overall success of the city. That includes police, fire, safe roads and sidewalks, and sanitation. Ensuring efficient city services while balancing the level of business and industrial development is also very crucial in Wauwatosa going forward.
5. Has Wauwatosa found the right balance between tax-
I believe that the city should consider forming ad hoc committees for specific development projects that receive taxpayer support. Get public input upfront earlier in the development process.
6. What other options for funding city services, including raising taxes, should Wauwatosa explore?
I don’t support raising property taxes to fund city services. Work to create more efficiency in government and explore all options along those lines.
7. Where could the city look for cost savings? What expenses could it cut or trim?
While it’s a matter of continually looking at ways to make government more effective and efficient, I believe the city should closely examine reducing the size of the common council to set an example for other areas as was recommended by the citizens in a 2012 advisory referendum.
8. Do you favor or oppose additional development or road construction — including the proposed northward extension of 92nd Street to accommodate cars, trucks and busses — on the County Grounds’ northeast quadrant (north of Watertown Plank and east of I-
I support reasonable road construction and development was appropriate input from the community.
9. Do you support proposals to move City Hall and replace the current structure with private development, or should Wauwatosa rehabilitate City Hall instead?
I believe that Wauwatosa City Hall should remain in its current location to best serve the citizens. We could explore leasing some space there for commercial activities if it is appropriate.
10. Why do you think members of the groups sponsoring this questionnaire should support you?
I have spent almost 20 years raising a family with my wife and friends on Wauwatosa’s west side, and have many strong connections to the entire community. I will also evaluate issues on their specific merits and give the opinions of District residents the top priority. I would use current communication technologies and social media as a way to gain those thoughts and opinions.
11. How might public officials work proactively to make Wauwatosa a more welcoming community to people of all races and backgrounds who live here, or work, attend school, visit or shop here? What steps should the city take to promote diversity in its hiring practices?
I applaud the efforts of Wauwatosa citizens and community groups to promote more open communication and dialogue in recent years, and appreciate raising our children in a diverse school district. Our family has seen many positive examples of Wauwatosa serving as a welcoming community.
12. How should the city address the issue of affordable housing in Wauwatosa?
Evaluate each development on its merits to find the best options and solutions. I feel there is currently a good mix of housing and rental options in Wauwatosa, especially on the west side.
13. Would you be willing to participate in a candidate forum or a debate with your opponent?